Environmental Impact Assessment
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) – this is a separate section of the project documentation for the construction, reconstruction, extension or technical retrofitting of industrial and civilian construction sites, which defines the magnitude and levels of impacts of the projected activity on the environment, a list of measures to prevent or reduce these impacts, the acceptability of design decisions from an environmental point of view.
The purpose of an EIA is to reduce or completely eliminate the adverse impact on the natural environment, even before the object of economic activity will operate in the intended territory.
The EIA provides for an environmentally sound management decision by identifying potential adverse actions, assessing environmental impacts, developing measures to reduce and prevent actions and impacts that cause environmental degradation.
The EIA is conducted taking into account the indicators of the existing state of the natural environment, ecological forecasting, opportunities for socio-economic development of the region, as well as taking into account the ecological indicators of the territory of the location of the object of economic activity.
The EIA is developed in accordance with the laws of Ukraine “On Environmental Protection”, “On Environmental Expertise”, “On Regulation of Urban Planning Activity”, and State Building Rules of Ukraine.
We offer the following services:
- Determination of ecological status of soil, surface water, atmospheric air in the area of impact of the object.
- Analysis of species, main sources and intensity of existing technogenic impact on the object of survey.
- Determining the impact of an object being projected on an environmental component.
- Consideration and definition of a more favorable environmental solution.
- Developing a section of the project Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and its coordination
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)in the project documentation ensures the environmentally sound management decision by identifying possible adverse actions, assessing environmental impacts, developing measures to reduce and prevent actions and impacts that cause environmental degradation. For objects belonging to categories 4 and 5 of complexity and for objects included in the lists approved by the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 20.08.2008 № 767“On Approval of the Procedure of State Expertise on the Technogenic Safety of Projects for the Construction of Objects that may Cause Emergency of the Technogenic and Natural Character and Affect the State Protection of the Population and Territories, and the List of Such Objects”, and dated July 27, 1995, No. 554“On the list of activities and objects posing an increased environmental risk”,the implementation of the EIA section is mandatory.
As a result of the EIA the customer receivesinformation on the nature and extent of the environmental impact of the planned economic activity, information on alternative ways of its implementation, assessment of environmental risks, information on measures that will reduce the impact of the enterprise’s activity on the environment and the environment.
Thus, the implementation of EIA promotes the adoption of optimal decisions on the implementation of economic activities that minimize the impact of the activities carried out on the environment.
Specialists of our company, whose competence is confirmed by the qualification certificates of the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Housing and Communal Services, perform all necessary work on EIA for engineering and construction design in terms of ensuring the safety of life and human health, protection of the environment, namely:
- Ecological substantiation of land allotment:Before the new object takes its place on the land plot, the suitability of the land plot for the location of the object is assessed and the potential impact of the planned activity on the environment is analyzed, and the environmental restrictions on conducting activities on the particular plot are prescribed. For this purpose the section of the pre-project documentation “Environmental Impact Assessment” (EIA) is being developed.
- Examination of project documentationin terms of ensuring the safety of life and human health, environmental protection, ensuring the sanitary and epidemiological well-being of the population
- Preparation of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) sectionas part of the project documentation
As a result of the EIA the customer receives:
- information on the nature and extent of the environmental impact of the planned economic activity,
- information on alternative ways of its implementation, assessment of environmental risks,
- information on measures that will reduce the environmental impact of the enterprise’s activities.
We carry out the guaranteed support of EIA materials, including obtaining a positive opinion of the environmental expertise of town planning documentation.
EIA regulatory framework:
- DBN A.2.2-1-2003 “Composition and Content of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Materials for the Construction and Design of Enterprises, Structures and Buildings”. Kyiv, 2004.
- Law of Ukraine “On Investment Activity”.
- Law of Ukraine “On Environmental Protection”.
- Law of Ukraine “On Environmental Expertise”.
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 7/20/2008 No. 767 «On approving the procedure of conducting state expertise on technogenic safety of projects of construction of facilities that may cause an emergency of technogenic and natural character and affect the state of protection of the population and territories, and the list of specified objects “.
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of July 27, 1995 No. 554 “On the list of activities and objects posing an increased environmental hazard”.